Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use (“AUP”) defines the rules and conditions that govern your access to and use (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services (“Services”) as granted by the Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. (the German Aerospace Center DLR) with offices of its Executive Board at Linder Höhe, D-51147 Köln, Germany, for the purpose of
- access and use of the “Ionosphere Monitoring and Prediction Center” (IMPC) portal / system.
This AUP constitutes a contract between you, the IMPC user, and DLR. It is the basis on which further access to IMPC services and resources can be granted. Specific additional conditions and license terms may apply.
The following rules and conditions apply:
- You must be at least 16 years of age. In case of access and use of paid resources and Services, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the purposes and limitations described above; you shall show consideration towards other users including by not causing harm to the Services; you have an obligation to collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall respect the terms of the data license contracts entered. Please check the individual license terms if termination of this AUP also effects or terminates the license contracts.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall not use disposable email addresses (anonymous addresses are allowed).
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- You use the services at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the services will be available at any time or that they will suit any purpose.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- You shall provide appropriate acknowledgement of support or citation for your use of the resources/services provided as required by the body or bodies granting you access.
- Your consent to an updated AUP shall be deemed to be given (fiction of consent) if you do not explicitly declare otherwise before the date the updated AUP enters into force. You will be informed about AUP updates well in advance.
- If you violate these rules, you are liable for the consequences, which may include your account being suspended, this contract and rights granted being terminated and a report being made to your home organization or to the competent law enforcement agencies and/ or legal action being otherwise taken against you. In addition, you as the responsible user for the violations may be required to bear the costs of investigations and remedial actions in connection with violations of these conditions.
- You agree that DLR will monitor all network traffic. In case of possible abuse, we reserve the right to block your access without prior notification.
- You can terminate this AUP at any time in text form, resulting in rights granted being revoked and your account being deleted. DLR reserves the right to terminate this AUP at any time in text form.
The administrative contact for this AUP is:
The security contact for this AUP is:
This AUP serves as legal basis for storing your IMPC user account data (Article 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR). The data protection document is located at: